You have an extra hour today with daylight savings. Put it to good use!
1. Read that book you bought three years ago, but never started.
2. Go for a walk and bring a notebook to take down ideas.
3. Read through the Now I Know archives so you have a plethora of interesting stories to tell.
4. Cook yourself dinner instead of getting take-out.
5. Send out 3 emails to businesses that you think you could help. Give them free ideas and offer to help execute them.
6. Write for an hour. It could be a blog post, book, or brainstorming ideas. Whatever. Just get your mental motor moving.
7. Listen to an inspiring keynote from someone you admire.
8. Perform a random act of kindness. Buy coffee for the person behind you in line, help rake the leaves for your neighbor, or do anything else you can think of to unconditionally help someone.
9. Write jokes. Even if you don’t think of yourself as funny, writing even bad jokes can help stretch your mind.
10. Do nothing. Turn off the TV and computer. Don’t touch your cell phone. Just spend an hour meditating.
11. Watch TV and complain tomorrow about not having enough time to do anything.
Connect with me on Twitter: @BenNesvig